UGU: Unix Guru Universe - Network Articles & Tutorials
- Home : Help
: Articles & Tutorials
Network Articles & Tutorials
AMD, the Berkeley Automount Daemon
AMD - a public domain automount daemon
An Architectural Overview of UNIX Network Security
- By Robert B. Reinhardt - The goal of this paper is to present my concept of a UNIX network security architecture based on the Internet connectivity model and Firewall approach to implementing security.
ARP networking tricks
BSD Sockets: A Quick And Dirty Primer
- By Jim Frost February 13, 1990
Curing remote-access ailments with ssh
DNS Operations Guid
- Domain Name Server Operations Guide for Bind
DNS Tips and Tricks
- Generating cache file with dig; Recovering from an SOA typo; Ultrix needs primaries in host file; SLIP and BIND; What is a Lame Delegation?; Terminology: domain, zone, label; CNAMEs as RR targets; Local dummy zones; Legal characters in hostnames; Checking if a domain is registered already; Setting up a resolver; Given a choice of servers, which one is queried?
- The purpose of this tutorial is to provide basic information about FDDI, a networking protocol used in Local Area Networks (LAN's). By Keith McGuigan - email@example.com
Integrating Your Machine With the Network
- Very comprehensive networking resource and reference from the Unix System Administration Independent Learning project. Ethernet, DNS, NFS... you name it, it's here.
- The ISDN Shop
MBone How to guide
- Dan's Quick and Dirty Guide to Getting Connected to the MBONE
Network Administrator's Guide (NAG)
- This is the reference on Linux networking. I'd advise you to save yourself toner and eyestrain and buy the book, but if you need a quick reference you can always hit this page.
Network Computing Success
Network Information Services Plus Tutorial
- What it is and what it isn't. By Douglas W. Stevenson
- Starting NFS daemons, exporting/sharing file systems, mounting remote file systems, automount; includes sample files and man pages.
- Basic overview of NFS. If you don't understand it, start here and read the last two paragraphs.
Subnet Addressing - by Ron Cooney
Securing your data and e-mail with PG
- Introduction to the Internet Protocols (TCP/IP) - By Scott Newton
TCP/IP primer - by Hal Stern
- Using the CMU SNMP Library To Build an SNMP Manager. Thomas L. Georges (Harris Corp).
- Network Traffic Management paper (uses HP products as examples). By Peter Phaal (commissioned by HP). Download Instructions
Trusted Hosts - by Rik Farrow
- This documentation covers the use of UUCP with smail instead of sendmail.
Related WWW Sites
- Network Management Papers