O.S. Articles & Tutorials
SEARCH : Home : Help
: Articles & Tutorials
Design of the UNIX operating System
Digital Unix Documentation
Introduction to Unix
- This document is intended to introduce you to the UNIX operating system. It will provide you with a basic understanding of the UNIX operating system, its file and directory structure, basic UNIX commands, and how to get on-line help.
On the Design of the UNIX operating System
- This article was written about 10 years ago, and published in various UNIX newsletters across the world. I thought that it should be revived to mark the first 25 years of UNIX.
- A new computer operating system and associated utilities. It has been built over the past several years by the Computing Science Research Center of AT&T Bell Laboratories, the same group that developed Unix, C, and C++.
Quick Unix Guide
- The purpose of this training page is to give you some background on the more common and useful commands of unix.
Six Unix OS flavors run the gamut
Unix is a Four Letter Word
- By Christopher C. Taylor. Copyright 1993.
- t how to port UNIX applications to Microsoft's Windows NT.
Unix Guide (In French)
Unix Reference Card
- Quick reference list, descriptions of commonly used commands and what they do. Includes command line options.
Unix System Administration Independent Learning
- The USAIL project is both an independent study course for prospective system administrators and a reference resource. Unix System Administration Independent Learning Self-Evaluation Quiz
Add Link |
Copyright © 1994-2005 Unix Guru Universe