UGU: Unix Guru Universe - Linux Beginners - Start Here
- Home : Linux
Linux Beginners - Start Here
Linux is a free Unix-type operating system originally created by
Linus Torvalds with the assistance of developers around the world.
Developed under the GNU General Public License, the source code for
Linux is freely available to everyone.
History of linux
What is Linux?
Wikipedia - Linux
Where can I get Linux?
Linux Live CD's
Linux Resources Hardware Guide
Directron Linux Hardware Guide
User Groups & Organizations
Official Linux Site:
- a not-for-profit group of linux-users whose goal is to centralize and organize communication between linux developers and users alike, as well as be a focal point for Linux information via FTP, Gopher, the World Wide Web.
Related Linux Sites
- it contains three databases: the Linux Product Guide which contains commercial software; the Linux Guide - a glossary of Linux terms and definitions; and the Linux Package Guide - a database of .rpm and .deb packages distributed by Leading Linux Distributors.
SPARC/Linux home page
- is the premier Linux Portal containing nearly 6,500 verified LinuxLinks, headline Linux news and help via three dedicated Linux Forums.
- A Website dedicated to the Linux Industry and the people who make it happen!
- Linux for PowerPC computers- PowerMacs & PReP (BeBox,RS6ks,PowerStack,etc)
- Linux for french-speaking people
Open Source Software Virtual University
- A language-neutral site for Russian speaking programmers. Sections include: Links, Bulletin, Courses, Humor, Open Source Software Hall of Fame (Knuth, Stallman, Torvalds, Wall, Ousterhout), Orthodox File Managers site, ...
Linux - is a freely-distributable, independent Unix-like operating system for x86, Motorola 68k, Digital Alpha, Sun SPARC and Motorola PowerPC machines. It is an implementation of the POSIX specification with which all true versions of Unix comply. The Linux kernel uses no code from AT&T or any other proprietary source, and much of the software available for Linux is developed by the Free Software Foundation's GNU project.
UGU Is Part Of The Linux Webring:
[ Previous |