UGU: Unix Guru Universe - pget
- Home : Software
: System Info
Description: Is a powerful quick and dirty bourne shell script to mangae your
passwords that are kept inside a PGP encrypted file. you have the ability
add/edit/search a password.
Supported Systems: Unix, Linux, and cygwin.
Requirements: bourne shell and gpg
Feel free to share and distribute anyone that can find this useful.
1) Create a basic text file named "pwd" in you HOME directory filled with passwords.
The format I like to use is:
system/service ID: xxxx Pwd: xxxxx
2) Generate a pgp key with the real name "passwd":
3) Set a password that you will always use to encode/decode your "pwd" file.
4) That's it! Run this program and your passwords will always be protected.
NOTE: Anywhere you are asked, put in your gpg password.
5) To Safely backup, make sure to include: pwd, pget, and the .gpg directory.
Syntax: pget -ea - Edit personal password file
pget [pattern] - Search All passwords
||First realease. |