UGU: Unix Guru Universe - Remote Music Player (RMP)
- Home : Software
: System Info
Remote Music Player (RMP)
RMP is a Remote Music Player that allows remote control over music playing on a Linux computer. The music can be controlled remotely with a web interface, cellphone, or through a command line shell interface.
Why RMP was created:
RMP was create because I was given a
Brookstone Wireless Speaker
that could be taken anywhere around the house and
outside, but there was no way to control the music while
I was outside listening. RMP provides a way from my smart
cellphone device to control the music that was transimitted
to the wireless speaker.
* Supports m3u playlists.
* Display playlists, Artists, Title, Genre of playing song.
* Download remote music to a cellphone or local computer.
* Tell time after defined number of songs played.
* Play commercials, promos, or fun audio clips after defined number of songs played.
* Control volume remotely
* Search/play specific tunes throughout all the playlists
* Select next song anytime (without commercials ... lol)
* multiple ways to control (web / command line)
* Easy to set up
Supported Systems: Linux (Ubuntu).
alsa - ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
mplayer - Music Player. Others should work (mpg123)
espeak - Speech Synthesizer
- Files Updated: rmpd.README, rmp, rmpd, rmpweb, rmp.cfg|
- Added support to enable/disable time and promo's
- Only 2 lines added to rmp.cfg:
- Added Speech synthesizer for telling time.
- Added use of Promo/commercials/or audio clips.
- Added audio clips to test out of the box install.
- Fixed ./killall script
- Code clean up
||- CSS support for iphone/ipad, bug fixes
||- Complete Rewrite
||First realease. A complete mess.
Remote Music Flow
Standard Web Browser
iPhone / iPad
Command Line Interface